There can never be enough clean cookie recipes, ever! These cookies are super crunchy and are perfect to dunk into tea :) I like using spelt flour as it has so many health benefits in comparison to other wheat flours and it really gives a great texture to breads, biscuits & scones. Unfortunately, spelt is not gluten free for any of those who are coeliac but a nice alternative is a buckwheat and rice flour combination. I have left it up to you to decide your “add ons” I used mulberries and pistachio nuts which were delicious but any dried fruit or nut works in this recipe.
- 3 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 4 tbsp. Coconut Sugar
- 130g Spelt Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 65g Oats
- 2 Eggs
- tbsp. Dried Fruit
- 3 tbsp. Nuts
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Place the spelt flour into a medium sized mixing bowl along with the oats and baking soda.
- Melt the coconut oil, pour into into the bowl along with the eggs and coconut sugar.
- Stir in the dried fruit and nuts.
- Using your hands take sections rolling into balls and press down into a cookie shape.
- Place on a lined baking tray .
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes until golden brown with crisp edges.