This is a recipe I came up with years ago even before #naturalbornfeeder. I’ve kind of kept this recipe to myself for a very long time but I’m finally going to share…. I make it after gym sessions or as a dinner sometimes, it’s so satisfying and simple. The key to this recipe is not to over cook the pancake, so ladies and gents…. follow the steps below and you won’t be making any other protein pancakes again :)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. almond butter smooth
- 2 tbsp. protein powder
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients well using a fork until there are no lumps and the mix is smooth and creamy like caramel sauce.
- In a non-stick pan over a high heat, add a little oil ( if its a good non-stick pan you won’t need oil).
- Spoon some of the mix onto the pan, don’t spread it out thin – you want them a little thick.
- Cook for about a 50-60 seconds. Once the base is ready to flip, flip that pancake and cook for 30 seconds. The middle should be nice and fudgey with the edges fluffy ad slightly crispy.
- Enjoy with your favourite toppings!