Want something to heat you up at lunch or some comfort food in the evening for the colder weather? This recipe does both!
• 800g tomatoes (I used a mix of cherry on the vine and plum tomatoes on the vine) washed
• 3 large sweet red peppers washed stemmed.
• 3 tbsp. olive oil
• 1 large brown onion peeled and diced
• 2 cloves of garlic peeled and crushed
• 6 large basil leaves
• 1 tsp sea salt
• 1 tsp ground black pepper
• 150ml nut milk – soya milk
• Preheat oven to 180°C
• Prepare a large baking tray.
• Add the tomatoes and red sweet peppers. Drizzle using 2 tbsp. of the olive oil and season well.
• Cook for 45 minutes, until the peppers are wilted, and tomatoes are browned a little and bursting. Remove the vines.
• Once these are cooked, in a low-medium sized saucepan add a tbsp. of olive over medium heat, toss in the onion and stir, place the lid on a sweat the onion for 5-6 minutes until soft and translucent.
• Turn the heat up a little Add the garlic and basil cook for 2 minutes.
• Add the tomatoes and peppers and nut milk, cooking for a moment.
• Remove from the heat.
• Blend until smooth.
• Drizzle in olive oil and fresh chopped herbs topped with some homemade sourdough croutons.