Once you’ve tried this red pesto you won’t want any other. I’ve been adding this pesto to everything – pasta, my mixed bean veggie burger, as a side with my chickpea scramble – it’s bursting with flavour. The nutritional yeast is a must, you can pick this up in most health food stores, and I’ve started to see it in some leading supermarkets too.
• 250g sundried tomatoes
• 100g raw cashews
• 2 handfuls fresh basil leaves
• 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
• 2 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
• Juice of ½ a lemon
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• Blend all the ingredients together in a food processor.
• Store in the fridge in a container or sealed jar with an extra drizzle of olive oil over the top for up to 4 days.
• Perfect with pasta, as a dip or with veggie burgers.