Some of you might associate this dessert with me, this was my dessert for Come Dine with Me! Recently someone asked me for the recipe and I thought I would have to create a healthy version. I really experimented with this one, I was sampling a few different versions & this one is by far the best and emulates the original recipe so well, without the mountain of sugar and cream I used on the show! I really hope you try this, it is refreshing and a great one to have prepped earlier if you have friends calling over, the biscuits are amazing dunked into the posset!
- 250g fresh raspberries
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp maple/honey
- 1&1/2 tbsp agar flakes (available in health stores and larger shopping stores)
- 2 can coconut milk (refrigerated for at least 30 minutes)
- Vanilla pod/ tsp vanilla essence
*makes 6 large rectangles
- 100 g almond flour
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour/starch (15g)
- 2 tbsp maple
- 30g grass fed butter or vegan butter/palm shortening
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence or 1/2 vanilla pod seeds
- 25g shelled pistachios
- Open the refrigerated coconut milk just a little and strain out the liquid leaving only the thick cream (this separation should happen from refrigerating).
- Scoop out this cream and leave to one side in a bowl. It should be the consistency of thick cream with no lumps (if so whisk them out).
- Mash the raspberries using a fork, Place them in a saucepan on medium heat, stirring in the lemon juice.
- Simmer the two until the raspberries are completely dissolved, stirring often.
- Remove and put the puree through a sieve or muslin cloth, leaving only a thick liquid (you should have at least a cup of liquid).
- Pour the liquid back into the saucepan and stir in the maple and vanilla seeds/essence.
- Add in the agar, dissolve in the liquid over medium-high heat, brought to a boil and then simmered until slightly thickened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat let cool a little for 2-3 minutes before stirring in the coconut, if tasted it wouldn’t burn your tongue
- Stir in the coconut cream really well using a hand whisk (not electric).
- Pour into glass jars or moulds immediately.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Preheat the oven 180ºC
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or a nutri-bullet and blend for about 30 seconds, this should create a smooth dough.
- Optional to place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to make cutting easier or if you are moulding by hand you can work straight away.
- Place on a lined baking tray and bake for 13 minutes, leave aside to cool and firm (10 minutes) or they may break.