Quinoa stuffed peppers are a delicious vegetarian meal full of nutritious ingredients and packed with protein. This dish is easy to prepare and cook and you can tailor the ingredients for the stuffing to suit what ingredients you have in the kitchen and your preference. And, if you’re a meat lover, just add the meat to the mix.
- 2 red peppers halved
- 80g quinoa
- ½ red onion (diced finely)
- 40g corn
- 20g feta or parmesan (optional)
- Handful fresh coriander
- ¼ head cauliflower (riced)
- 80g mixed seeds
- 8 black olives (chopped)
- ½ lemon juice
- Handful of raisins (optional)
- Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cook the quinoa as instructed on the pack.
- In a large frying pan, add the coconut oil. Once sizzling, add the onion and sautee for 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic, cauliflower and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the quinoa, corn, mixed seeds and olives and mix. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add lemon juice and salt to season.
- Add in the peppers.
- Cover with feta or parmesan.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 200°C.
- Sprinkle with coriander and raisins and serve.