Yes, you read that right! Pumpkin and Pecan ice-cream. I love pumpkins and add them to lots of different dishes. Pumpkin and pecan is the perfect combo for this seasonal ice-cream. It’s so easy to make and deliciously refreshing as a go to dessert. Pumpkin puree can be picked up in a tin/jar in the supermarket.
- 6 tbsp. pumpkin puree
- 3 bananas sliced and frozen (zip lock bags are handy here!)
- 5 tbsp. maple syrup
- 100g pecans
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Place pecans and 1 tbsp of maple syrup in a bowl and stir to combine and lightly coat the pecans in the syrup.
- You can toast them in the oven for 12 minutes at 180°C (tossing a couple of times throughout the 12 minutes). Or toast in a frying pan over a high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Set to one side and break into pieces (try not to eat too many of them during this process).
- In a food processor add the frozen banana, pumpkin puree and the rest of the maple syrup and vanilla.
- Blend until smooth.
- Stir in the nuts! Serve now as a soft serve style ice cream (which is mega). Or pour into a stainless steel tin and place into the freezer for at least 3 hours to set more firmly. Store in the freezer for up to 7 days.
- When you are ready to eat, remove from the freezer and leave for approx. 15 minutes before serving to let soften just a tad.