Nothing beats an indulgent, low carb, protein packed chocolate bread! Enjoy this for breakfast, brunch or dinner after a workout. Serve with some yoghurt, berries and honey or with a dollop of peanut butter :)
- 200g ground almond
- 4 scoops chocolate whey protein
- 1 egg
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 100ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp. stevia
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum or baking powder
- 100g dark chocolate broken into chunks
- Preheat oven to 190°C and line a 1lbs bread tin.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add the ground almonds, whey protein, stevia and xanthan gum and combine.
- Add in the eggs, almond milk and coconut oil (melted) and using a spoon or your hands combine into a thick batter.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks and spoon into a lined bread tin.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, until the top is hard check with a knifee it is cooked through.
- Leave to one side for 30 minutes for the bread and chunks to set before slicing (it will still be nice and warm after 30 min- don’t worry!).
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.