This recipe couldn’t be easier to make! It’s also the perfect hearty meal for these cold evenings.
For tips, videos and recipe inspiration, check out www.bordbia.ie/fish
Enjoy and don’t forget to tag me in your recreations and #flexyourmussels
*This is a sponsored post
- 400g fresh mussels
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 800g fresh peeled prawns
- 2 large heads of cauliflower or 800g cauli rice
- 1 tsp. cayenne
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1/2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tin chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 orange – juice and zest
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 40g raw pistachio
- 15g diced fresh coriander
- Place the mussels in a large bowl of cold water. Use a small knife to remove any barnacles and pull away the beard. Discard any mussels that are damaged or won’t close when tapped
- Prepare a large skillet over high heat with some olive oil.
- Toss in the chopped garlic and prawns and cook for approx. 4 minutes. Turning the prawns throughout and coating the outside until a golden crispy colour develops.
- Remove the prawns and garlic to a separate plate.
- Return the skillet over the hob and add a little more olive oil.
- Add in the cauli rice, spices, tomato paste, chickpeas, honey, orange juice and zest. Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Place in the cinnamon sticks and mussels on top of the mix. Do not mix altogether. Place the lid on and let cook for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove any unopened mussel shells and add pack in the cooked prawns.
- Stir to combine the prawns and mussels in the vegetable mix.
- Serve and garnish with black pepper, pistachios and coriander.