Summer is here! I love nothing more than a comforting bowl of porridge but I have to say on a hot summers morning you can’t beat a refreshing cold overnight oats. This overnight version is almost like a pudding, not overly sweet (just right for the morning time) but texture wise it’s really satisfying and keeps you full and energised until lunch with the combination of slow releasing energy from the oats with the added pinch of protein. If you’re using a completely unflavoured protein, try adding 1-2 tsp. of raw honey or maple to give a little sweetness.
Also, don’t forget to make this recipe your own by adding your favourite toppings or add ons. I suggest a superfood mix like milled flax but whatever you have in your press or love like chopped dried dates, fresh berries, chia seeds etc. Just remember when adding anything extra like chia or flax (foods that absorb liquid) you may need to add a little extra almond milk usually about 3 tbsp per 1 tbsp of chia or flax to balance this out!
*This is a sponsored post by Flahavans
- 30g oats
- 140ml almond milk
- 1 scoop protein powder of choice – I love a rice/pea protein blend
- 2 tsp. superfood mix- I use maca/ ginseng powder but you can use; flax, hemp, guarana, cacao.
- Combine all ingredients in a glass or jar.
- Place in the fridge and set overnight.
- Top with favourite seeds & berries
- Enjoy in the morning.