You guys know I love my snacks! I never go too far without my safety pile nearby. I love making power balls to help tide me over or give an extra boost out on a hike. Try these simple ones, they’re protein powder free and perfect for a little treat!
I’ve also added in a few extra add ins below to make these your own!
- Goji berries
- hemp seeds
- dark chocolate nibs
- chia seeds
- chopped dates
- toasted pumpkin seeds
- 220g drained chickpeas – drained and rinsed (pat dry with some kitchen paper) I get a jar of chickpeas that is 340g BEFORE DRAINING and 220g after being drained
- 200G almonds toasted (I toast mine for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned on the edges)
- 4 tbsp raw honey or maple
- Pinch of sea salt (big pinch)
- handful cacao nibs/ or dark chocolate nibs
- In a food processor blend the chickpeas, salt and almonds until the dough it smooth (ish) – it will be a bit dry at this stage.
- Next, add in the honey and blend again. The dough will become less dry and a holding texture.
- Stir in the cacao nibs and taking sections using your hands roll into 12 balls (just a little smaller than a golf ball) – enjoy!