Pistachio, Lime and Coconut Muffins – moist, full of nutty goodness AND they’re Gluten Free. The top is perfectly crunchy and the inside moist and full of delicious flavour. These three key ingredients go so well together that I will definitely be trying out more recipes with them. The muffins are super easy to make and the ingredients are all things you can easily pick up in your local supermarket. Enjoy :)
- 100g raw pistachios
- 200g ground almonds
- 4 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder or xanthin gum
- 2 limes (juice and zest)
- 2 tbsp. desiccated coconut
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 25g pistachio (broken into pieces)
- 1 tbsp. coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a food processor, pulse the pistachio nuts to a fine breadcrumb like texture (almost flour).
- Add in the ground almond, coconut sugar, baking powder, 6 eggs, honey and lime juice and zest and mix into a smooth thick batter (should only take 30-40 seconds).
- Grease or line a muffin tin.
- Spoon in 3-4 tbsp. of batter into each mould, finished off by a sprinkling of pistachios and coconut sugar over each.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.