A dairy free ice-cream that doesn’t involve frozen bananas, lovely! This is really simple to make and tastes even better than your tub of shop bought stuff, so delicious you won’t be able to stop :o! I have tried this with almond butter- crushed almonds and dark chocolate which was yummy, so don’t worry if you can’t find pistachio butter there is a solution! Enjoy this recipe and don’t forget to hashtag me in your recreations #naturalbornfeeder
- 4 tbsp pistachio butter (0r 100g roasted pistachios blended until smooth, this will take time if you don’t have a high speed blender)
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 4 tbsp raw honey/maple
- 1 fresh vanilla pod
- 50 g toasted pistachios broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs or dark chocolate chunks
- Mix the pistachio butter, coconut milk, avocado, honey and vanilla seeds in a blender until completely smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the broken pistachios and cacao nibs.
- Pour into a pyrex bowl with lid (or any bowl with a lid).
4. Place in the freezer for at least 5-6 hours, taking out and stirring with a fork vigorously every 45minutes to 1 hour.
5. * Serve with crushed pistachio and dark chocolate.