Roasties (drool face) Christmas wouldn’t be complete without them, who agrees? The perfect side for your roast dinner and delicious with lashings of gravy!
• 1kg potatoes washed and peeled
• 6 tbsp. oil
• 4 sprigs rosemary (sprigs removed and leaves diced)
• 4 cloves of garlic peeled and crushed (optional)
• 100g fresh chopped parsley
• 1 tbsp. salt & 1 tbsp. freshly ground pepper
• Preheat the oven to 190°C.
• Add the potatoes to a large saucepan and fill with water just to the top of the potatoes. Bring to boil and lower to a simmer for 5 minutes.
• Drain the water (important to make sure it’s all drained out).
• Prepare a large flat baking tray.
• Add the potatoes and drizzle over the olive oil coating the potatoes, use your hand and make sure the potatoes are fully covered in the oil.
• Season with the salt and pepper and rosemary.
• Bake for 45 minutes, tossing halfway through.
• For the last five minutes, drain any excess oil and place them back in the oven for the final 5 minutes.
• Once the potatoes are cooked, toss in the fresh herbs and combine before placing in a serving dish.