These tiny truffles are delicious, I made them accidentally but with the response I got from my top tasters these are definitely a blog must! I got raw peanuts, a 2kg bag from the asian market at about 6.50e, if you can’t find skinless peanuts, you can skin them yourself after toasting, as the skin will have lifted. Enjoy these little balls of peanut bliss …
- 1 cup raw peanuts – skinless
- 1 pinch of sea salt/Himalayan salt
- 2 tbsp maple/raw honey/coconut nectar
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
Homemade Raw Chocolate or Store bought dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup cacao butter chopped- available in health store,& donnybrook fair
- 1/2 cacao powder
- 4 tbsp maple syrup/ agave/honey/coconut nectar
- Roast the peanuts in the oven for 10 minutes approx. until nicely golden brown, tossing them after 5.
- Grind the roasted peanuts using a coffee grinder or food proccessor, to a fine crumb like consistency.
- Add in the rest of your ingredients and mix well.
- Using your hands make the truffles, dip them into the melted chocolate and place in the freezer.
- For the chocolate, melt the cacao butter over low heat.
- Add in the cacao powder and maple, remove from heat and stir until dissolved.