If you have a sweet tooth like myself, this may be your perfect pancake snack! These turned out just like real american style pancakes, almost hard to believe they were healthy. I opted for 85% dark chocolate, but anything above 70 % is good or raw chocolate nibs/dairy free- i love carob drops! You can get PB2 in sports nutrition stores, but you can also replace with 1 tbsp of the real stuff if you want!
*makes 6 medium sized
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 cup of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons PB2- powdered peanut butter
- 1 tsp stevia
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp maple/honey
- Mix the egg, whites and milk together. In a separate bowl mix all your dry ingredients, except for the chocolate chips.
- Using a fork whisk the two together, unit smooth. The batter should be a thick liquid consistency.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir in.
- In a frying pan heat a little coconut oil and use 2 tbsp of batter per pancake.
- For the sauce, heat the coconut oil in a pan on low heat, add in the peanut butter and stir unit it breaks down into a liquid. Lastly add the honey or maple and whisk by hand.