Ok by now you probably know how much I love peanut butter and seeing how popular my raspberry and peanut butter bread was, I had to make peanut butter scones! They have a great texture that’s dry and crumbly around the edges but rich and dense in the middle. Paired with a cup of tea – pure heaven! And they were easy to make and taste so good.
- 200g oats (Gluten Free oats will work here also)
- 4 tbsp. peanut butter – I used crunchy but smooth will work too
- 3 large ripe banana
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp. baking powder
Raspberry Chia Jam
- 125g raspberries
- 1 tbsp. honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Start by preparing the raspberry chia jam. Add the raspberries to a small saucepan over a low heat, once dissolved remove from heat and stir in the honey and chia seeds and let sit to one side for 15-20 minutes.
- Blend the oats into a flour, you can do this using a Nutria Bullet.
- Place in a medium sized mixing bowl along with the baking powder.
- Melt the coconut oil and set to one side.
- In a separate bowl, using a fork to mash the bananas really well so there are no large bits visible, stir in the peanut butter, melted coconut oil and maple or honey until fully combined.
- Scrap the mix into the oat flour bowl and stir until combined- the dough will be a thick and a little dry.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes until golden brown and hard when tapped.
- Remove and let sit for 30 minutes to set before digging in! Once fully cooled store in an airtight container and they will keep for 4 days.