It used to be that you would have pancakes one day of the year on pancake Tuesday and yet have a whole years supply in one day. Now however, the evolution of the healthy alternative pancake has begun and it has turned into a regular snack or breakfast meal.
There is just so many different types of recipes for healthy pancakes out there and depending on what you prefer crispy thin crepe like or the thick waffle type, its as simple as -‘ google and click’ to find a recipe for you!
I have gone through numerous recipes and made up lots of different types of pancakes from the protein ones to raw pancakes its all about find the taste you like!
This one is my favourite at the moment but I will be posting lots of other types! I had a bit of a Mc Giver moment in the kitchen whilst craving pancakes so i just threw anything and everything I thought might work in!
This is quiet thick and rises a bit like a waffle! Paired with a good toping it is such a guilt free treat and will keep you full for ages!I love these before a long cycle!
- 6 eggs
- 5 tbsp oat bran
- 4 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp liquid stevia
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
PEANUT SAUCE / ALMOND SAUCE
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of nut butter of choice
- 1 tsp of agave syrup /maple.
- Blend all ingredients together in a food processor.
- Prepare the frying pan with a little coconut oil and pour evenly the mixture to make one.
- Melt over low heat.And simply pour over your finished pancake stack.
- Garnish with some chopped bananas and berries.