I love savoury scones so spent some time in the kitchen trying to perfect a recipe combining two of my favourites, smoked salmon and parmesan. These went down an absolute treat. They stick together while still being moist and fluffy, heaven!
- 300g oats (GF)
- 5 tbsp. natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil (room temp.)
- 100g grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. mixed herbs
- .5 tsp. baking soda (GF)
- ¾ tsp. baking powder (GF)
- 100g smoked salmon cut into pieces
- Preheat the oven at 200
- Start by adding oats into a blender or food processor and pulse to form a thick flour consistency.
- Add the oat flour mix to a large mixing bowl. Add in the yoghurt, coconut oil, baking soda, baking powder, parmesan and egg. Using your hands, combine the mixture into a dough.
- Using your hands, mix in the salmon pieces.
- Prepare a clean surface for shaping the scones.
- Press the dough down 2 inches thick and use a cutter mould to separate the scone mix.
- Sprinkle the top with oats. Bake for 20 minutes until golden around the edges and firm.