Pancake Tuesday is my favourite day of the year. Growing up my mum made the best pancakes, thin & crispy crepe style with every type of topping you could think of and she didn’t just limit it to one day a year, she even had a professional crepe maker!
I wanted to do a quick post before tomorrow of nice and easy healthy pancake recipes and healthy topping ideas. I know theres lots of healthy pancake recipes out there but I wanted to show you ones that have few ingredients & are just simple!
Thin & crispy
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup of quark or fromaige frais( fat free optional) both available in Tesco or Dunnes.
- 2 tbsp liquid stevia
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp oat bran
All in one mix! Make them nice and thin, great with some freshly squeezed lemon and honey.
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 2 eggs
Blend together, spoon it onto a hot pan. Dont over cook just a minute on each side so the inside stays nice and gooey! Serve with some more almond butter:)
Healthy take on mums Crepes
*makes about 12!
- 170g wholemeal/ gluten free flour – Red Mills “all purpose” gluten free flour available in Tesco.
- A good pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs & 2 egg yolks
- Pint almond milk
- 3-4 tbsp melted cocoa/coconut butter ( not oil)
Add eggs to dry ingredients, and combine. Add the milk in gradually until its a light bubbly mixture. Let it set in fridge for at least 30 min or overnight and add melted butter just before your about to cook them!
*You can also check out my previous blog entry- Peanut butter banana & chia seed pancake stack!
HEALTHY BOUGHT TOPPING IDEAS
- almond butter
- cashew nut butter
- raw cocoa spread- Natashas living foods does a great raw cocoa spread with a little chilli hit!
- Raw honey/Maple
- Hazelnut butter, mix in a little raw cocoa powder for that Nutella taste!
Make your own quick sauce
Easy Cinnamon honey
Melt honey and coconut oil , add vanilla extract and cinnamon.
Sautée diced apple down until theres no bits, add ground nutmeg, cinnamon and a little honey.
Peanut butter bliss
2 tbsp Peanut butter melted on low heat, with 1 tbsp coconut oil and 1 tsp honey.
Mix your favourite protein with some natural/greek yogurt.
1/2 cup medjool dates, 1 tbsp tahini, splash of almond milk.And blend!