The combination of hazelnuts and chocolates has always been my favourite from Nutella to Ferraro Rochas, Its something I just can’t resist!
After having a glutinous weekend on the duo I wanted to try experiment with a healthy version, after a few trials here it is! I hope you enjoy my Nutella like Cookies ✓PALEO ✓GLUTENFREE ✓DAIRYFREE
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp maple syrup/honey
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (gluten free versions available)
- 2 tbsp hazelnut butter
- 1 tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 1 tsp carob powder (optional for a richer taste) – available in health stores
- 1 cup of hazelnuts (halved)
- Preheat oven 200C
- Line a flat tray with parchment paper
- Put all ingredients in a bowl (except the hazelnuts) combine well, the mixture should be like a wet dough
- Add hazelnuts and mix
- With your hands mould sections into golf ball sized balls
- Place on tray and press down to form a flat cookie shape
- Bake for 15 minutes ether side(30minutes in total)
- Leave aside to cool
OPTIONAL SPREAD- HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
With the rest of the hazelnut butter jar, add in a tbsp of cocoa powder, a tbsp maple and mix. Use as a spread for cookies!