Continuing my European trip, my next stop after Iceland was Prague. Well, I couldn’t say no to a €35 flight (I flew with Wizzair)! I’ve always wondered why I haven’t been to this beautiful city yet as it’s such a short flight away, fairly cheap, tonnes of history and some of the best Christmas markets. It’s a city full of life with so much character oozing from every corner and so far it’s been one of my top European cities to visit and I would return tomorrow because even though it’s a small walkable city I feel I didn’t even scratch the surface when it comes to its culinary spots and local suburban towns…oh and not forgetting the vintage shops!
Where I stayed…
I stayed at the Boho Hotel which we got for a great price. It was one of the less expensive “nicer” hotels and probably my favourite city hotel second to the Four Seasons in Budapest! The service, breakfast, rooms and location was perfect. Right beside the old town square Prague you could fill yourself up with homemade gluten free nut and seed bread, chia puddings and more before venturing off for the day! They also had a gym, it didn’t have any weights however, but loads of room to jump around and get that heart rate up.
Where I ate…
So, I tried to fit in as many places as possible. Below are the spots I ate in but I’ve also included the spots I researched and I really would love to go back and try!
Tip: Make a booking for any more than 2 persons. We just sat at the bar!
I’m starting with my favourite meal, who would have though the best dish in Prague would be a Veggie Penang curry in Momoichi? This place is awesome, I can’t recommend it enough. Fill up on matcha tea, matcha pancakes, have some delicious hummus and gaze at the scientific coffee and tea preparation that’s going on!
Tip: Make a reservation if you are eating passed 5.30pm!
The next place was recommended lots of times on my Instagram post by all of you guys (thank you!). it was delicious I really recommend the hummus to start and maybe getting a selection of small plates. It’s an unusual veggie restaurant so make sure you check out their Instagram before you go!
Tip: They take walk ins
This place was so delicious, it’s a little walk from the centre but a nice walk through a residential side of Prague. They serve amazing rice porridge bowls, salads and more- really inexpensive too! I found them through their Instagram page which is major brunch goals!
Where: Bake shop Bakery and Coffee shop
Perfect for grabbing some protein balls on the go. it’s a nice pit stop to fuel up & get plane/train snacks!
Other places I would have loved to have visited and you should try are…
- Sisters it’s a sandwich shop- more like open faced rye bread fancy ones though @bistrosisters
- Bistro proti proudu Coffee, breakfast, desserts! @bistro.proti.proudu
- Café savoy for brunch @cafe.savoy
- Kimchi Restaurace homemade Korean food (she’s a Korean mammy serving up some great looking bowls) @kimchi.cz
So before I go to a new place I love following food Instragammers from that city to get inside tips and If you go you should check out
Where I trained…
At my Hotel which was pretty alright but no weights but lots of room to do body weight sessions. Plus you walk miles around the city, my average was 10km a day.
What I saw…
- We walked over the Charles Bridge (the best view and picture is if is if you walk over the Mánes – way less crowded!)
- Prague Castle & St. Vitus Cathedral
- The Jewish Quarter is so nice to wander around!
- Mingled through the Christmas markets in the old town square (got more hot chocolate obviously)
- Wenceslas Square
- Shopping in some vintage stores (my favourite was Boho concept vintage store and Bohemian Retro)
Other places to eat people on my post suggested included…
- Grosetto marina for a romantic dinner and view of the castle
- Hemingway’s bar for a drink
- Naso maso for meat lovers
- Sasazu Asian so many people mentioned this place!
- Le caveau for coffee and cake
- The bebop lobby bar for cocktails
- Anonymous bar for cocktails
- Black angels bar for more cocktails J
- Café savoy for brunch
- Roof terrace at u prince for a whooper view and Instagram pic!
- The blue duck for a roast like dinner
- Letna park for views
- Lokal for traditional Czech food
- Angelato for ice cream
- Nejen bistro
- Home kitchen
- Radost fx
- Mmama café