Who else was fond of a mint crisp bar growing up? It was in my top 5 selection and it only struck me when I was in the shop the other day looking at one (drooling over on) why haven’t I made some recreation of a classic mint crisp combo? Well hello mint crisp cups! As you can see from the YouTube video these are dead easy and don’t take much patience. Few random ingredients to pick up like mint essence, which you can get in most health stores and any large supermarkets in the baking section. When it comes to the brown rice crisps, I got mine in a health store they were in a cereal box just like rice crispy’s , I have seen these in larger supermarkets also which have health food sections.
Check out my YouTube Channel for recipe videos.
- 300g melted dark chocolate
- 60g grounds almond
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp. mint essence
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 handfuls brown rice crisps/puffs
- Start by melting the dark chocolate using Bain au Marie technique or how you like.
- Using 150g of the melted chocolate, pour into 9 bun cases (use double cases to make it more sturdy).
- Set to the freezer for 5 minutes to set.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add the ground almond, maple syrup, cacao, mint essence and coconut oil and combine into a dough.
- Stir in the brown rice crisps.
- Spoon roughly 2 tsp. of the mix into each bun case dividing it evenly between all cups and press down gently to flatten.
- Pour over the remaining melted chocolate and set back to the freezer for 5-10 minutes until hard.