Catering for a party or have friends calling over this weekend? These mini beef burgers are perfect to add to your list and whip up on the day or in advance. The mix is simple to make and all ingredients you can pick up in your local shop.
- 380g beef steak mince
- 1 tsp. salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp. parsley
- ½ tbsp. fresh sage (chopped)
- 1 red onion (sliced into rings)
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- ½ tbsp. coconut oil
- 3 tbsp. feta cheese, crumbled (to serve)
- 1 large tomato
- Preheat oven 200°C.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the beef mince, egg, herbs, garlic and seasoning.
- Mould into burgers using your hands and place onto a lined baking tray.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes until cook through.
- While these are in the oven, prepare a hot skillet with some coconut oil. Once sizzling add the onions, turn the heat to medium and place the lid on to sweat the onions for 4-5 minutes.
- Next add the balsamic and honey, stirring and cooking for a further 2-3 minutes to get the onions a little crispy and deliciously sticky.
- Serve the burgers topped off with sweet red onion, feta and fresh, juicy organic tomatoes.