I decided to put my own twist on mince pies this Christmas, combining my love for mince pies and cinnamon rolls into one! These would be delicious for breakfast on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning and they’re so easy to make too. I used puff pastry so all I needed to make was the vegan mince which you can prep in advance. You could drizzle over some icing on these if you wanted to make them more sweet.
• 1 Sheet Vegan Puff Pastry
• 1 jar homemade vegan mince mix
Vegan Mince Mix
• 60g currants
• 60g raisins
• 60g sultanas
• 60g dried cranberries
• 4 tbsp. coconut oil/ vegan butter
• 100g cane sugar/coconut sugar
• 1 large bramley apple (or other variety of cooking apple) peeled, cored and grated
• Finely grated zest and juice of 1 large orange
• 1 1/2 tsp mixed spice
• 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp ground ginger
• Preheat the oven to 200°C.
• It’s important to follow the pastry instructions. E.g. Thaw properly and leave sit before rolling and baking for optimum results.
• For the vegan mince mix add all the ingredients together in a bowl and mix well, take half the mix and pulse using a bender or a nutribullet into a thick chunky batter.
• Stir this mix back into the mince bowl. This give a really creamy mince mix.
• Line out the sheet of puff pastry and spread over the mince mix evenly.
• Roll into back up and slice into sections (3-4 inches along).
• Bake for minutes 20- 25 minutes. Until the pastry is puffed and golden around the edges.