So here it is finally, all my friends who have tried these have waited long enough for the recipe! These are by far my favourite thing to make, they are so simply, no prep, no cooking involved! Great as an everyday snack, will fix your sugar cravings and also great for snacking on the bike I find!
Although there is no marshmallow in these they do have a similar taste and texture!
- 2 heaped tbsp almond butter
- 1.1/2 tbsp maple syrup/honey
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 level tbsp vanilla whey protein
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped nuts *optional – almonds are lovely or hazelnuts
- Spoon all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well
- Using your hands take sections and roll into balls
- They keep good over night, but they are so simple to make I usually whip some up whenever I need a snack on the go or feel I need something sweet! For the bike I just wrap then in tinfoil they’re a great alternative for all the sugary bars!