The easiest recipe to use up ripe/brown bananas. Enjoy it for breakfast with some nut butter or as a mid-day snack with a cup of tea!
• 80g ground almond
• 3 tbsp. maple syrup
• 3 tbsp. coconut oil melted
• 1 tbsp. milled flax (mixed with 3 tbsp water and soaked for 15 minutes)
• 140g oats blitzed into a flour
• 1 tsp. baking powder
• 1/2 tsp. baking soda
• 1 tsp. vanilla essence
• 3 spotty bananas mashed
• 1.5 tbsp. cacao powder
• 1 handful chocolate chips
• 50g chopped pecans or walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 180º C.
2. Combine the mashed bananas, oats, ground almond, baking agents, coconut, maple, vanilla and flax.
3. Half the mix and stir the cacao into one half.
4. Add the chocolate chips into the chocolate half and the pecans into the plain half.
5. Prepare a 1lbs baking tin with parchment paper and load in the batter in sections adding 1/3 of the plain mix, then 1/3 chocolate and so on until all the batter is used up. Then, using a knife swirl the bread in a figure of 8 shape 1-2 times. I have a nifty video of how to do this over on my Instagram IGTV.
6. Bake in the oven for 1 hour.
7. Let cool FULLY (2 hours) before slicing. I know it’s hard to wait but it’s got to be done.
8. ENJOY. Keep in an airtight container in a cool place or the fridge for up to 4 days.