To share or not to share? That is the only question you could have about this recipe! It is designed for sharing but I’ve managed to pretty much eat the whole lot myself so there’s no judging going on here! For this recipe I have used lentils but feel free to change it to your favourite bean as it works just as well. It is possibly the most satisfying plate of food you’ll ever create with so many flavours and textures going on, its a real epic meal to whip up on a Friday night with your mates!
- 1 tbsp. oil
- ½ small red onion diced very fine
- 1 clove of garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 red chilli de-seeded and diced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- ½ tbsp. coriander
- 1 tin Lentils rinsed and drained
- 1.5 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 x tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. tamari
- pinch sea salt to taste
- 5 (whole-wheat/ plain) wraps sliced into pizza shapes
- 2 ripe avocados skin removed and diced
- Juice 2 limes
- Handful Chopped Fresh herbs like coriander, mint, parsley or your favourites
- Preheat oven 180°C
- Start by placing your sliced wraps onto a baking tray spread out flat and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until golden (turn over half way through cooking) once bakes place to one side.
- In a frying pan over a high heat add a little oil and toss in the diced onion. Cook for 1-2 minutes stirring to avoid burning until the onion is crispy and lightly browned.
- Add the garlic chilli and spices and cook for another minute.
- Next toss in the lentils, tomato paste and chopped tomatoes and tamari and bring to a simmer (once simmering you may want to turn heat down just a little so it doesn’t spit hot tomato at you) simmer for 4-5 minutes. Place to one side.
- For the avocado, place it in a blender with the lime juice and half of the chopped herbs and blend until smooth. Ranch recipe found here.
- To assemble, first lay down the baked “chips” followed by the lentil chilli, spoon over the avocado along with a drizzle of the cashew cheese and finely the rest of the fresh herbs.