Who could say no to a loaded burger like this? The perfect combination of spicy crunchy slaw and the tastiest vegan burgers with minimal cooking- I promise. With the six nations matches ruling our TV screens over the weekend it’s the perfect meal to whip up.
I love using strong roots for a fast lunch or dinner, the kale and quinoa burgers are definitely my go to burger from the range they are just so delicious, quick to make and the perfect way to sneak some veg in. Slaw is something I used to love growing up, it’s without a doubt the best companion for a burger. This slaw is easier to make than you may think all you need is a chopping knife, a bowl and a spoon you’ll have it whipped up in no time just like the burgers.
Strong Roots Products are available in Supervalu, Tesco, Dunnes and all good Independent stores.
- ½ head 1 small red cabbage
- 3 tbsp. tahini
- 1 tbsp. sriracha
- juice of a lemon
- 1.5 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. soya sauce
- 1.5 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 70ml water
- served with a double Strong Roots Kale and Quinoa burger, ripe avocado, grated carrot and mixed leaves.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Place the Kale and Quinoa burgers onto a tray and cook for 15-20 minutes
- Dice the cabbage up into thin strips, if you have a large grater you can use the slice side to do this quickly.
- In a large bowl combine the tahini, sriracha, lemon juice, maple, soya, salt ,water and vinegar into a smooth sauce.
- Tip in the diced cabbage and combine well to cover in the tahini sauce.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.