Not sure what to do with all the left over turkey after Christmas day? This recipe is simple and quick to make and great to store in the fridge for a couple of days.
- Left over torn Turkey (4 portions)
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 large onion – cut into rings
- 2-inch piece ginger peeled and grated
- 4 scallions diced
- 4 small garlic cloves diced finely
- 2 tsp. tamari
- 750ml chicken stock (try go low sodium if possible and organic)
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 medium carrot – grated thick cut
- 15 g fresh coriander roughly chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs (halved)
- 2 large courgettes (washed & spiralized)
- In a large saucepan, add the coconut oil over medium- low heat, once melted toss in the onions giving a quick stir before placing on the lid and letting them sweat for 8 minutes, until translucent and soft.
- Stir in the garlic, scallions, ginger, tamari and cook for a further 2 minutes turning the heat up to medium.
- Pour in the stock, giving a good stir to scrap up any onion stuck to the bottom of the saucepan.
- Bring to a gentle simmer, stirring in the courgetti, grated carrot and honey, continue to simmer for 6 minutes until the courgette is wilted slightly. Taste to check the flavor and add more honey or seasoning if necessary (you shouldn’t need much as there is plenty of sodium in the stock and tamari).
- Using a ladle, spoon into a bowl and garnish with the left over cooked turkey, a sprinkling of fresh coriander and an egg.