Fancy a festive treat but really couldn’t be bothered spending hours making puddings or pies? … Hello Jingle balls!!! A quick, healthy and all in one mix to get that Christmas hit. These balls are perfect for December meal prep to go with a tea or coffee or a little pre-workout boost!
- 200g hazelnuts
- 150g walnuts
- 100g dried cranberries
- 60g raisins
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 inch ginger peeled and grated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. ground mixed spice
- pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Start by toasting the nuts, spread out the hazelnuts and walnuts evenly on a baking tray and toast them for 12-15 minutes in a preheated oven. Toast until the nuts get an even golden colour along the edges. Leave to one side to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Place the toasted nuts a long with all other ingredients into a high-speed food processor and blend until all ingredients are ground and the mix appears sticky.
- Take 1 tbsp. sections, and with your hands roll into balls.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days or in the fridge for up to 12 days.