I often get asked what is my ultimate treat, my go to splurge…..It was hard to think of because I really don’t deprive myself of anything. If I want pizza, I make pizza.. Brownies, just stick on a batch, so I never feel like I have too many boundaries. However, after deep thought I have to say it’s definitely a good ice cream. It’s my thing I like to indulge on wind, rain or shine! I do have to say I much prefer a vegan ice cream alternative (the best place I ever had a vegan ice cream was Veganista in Vienna – OMG) and I’m a coconut or pistachio kind of girl! I love making ice cream but I don’t have an ice cream maker like some people so this is an easy recipe with minimal equipment (but it does require a little love).
- 4 tins full fat coconut milk refrigerated
- 4 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 4 tbsp. desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Once the coconut milk has been refrigerated for anything over 30 minutes the cream and liquid will have separated, scoop out the hard white cream into a bowl and discard (or keep the liquid for smoothies).
- Place the coconut sugar into a blender and blitz into a fine powder.
- Tip the coconut sugar and vanilla extract into the bowl with the coconut cream and blend using a hand whisk (or food processor) until smooth.
- Stir in the desiccated coconut and pour into a bread tin or stainless steel lunch box.
- Place in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Now since we don’t have ice cream makers here is what you need to do – every 45 minutes I recommend blending the ice cream mix – it will be frozen in some parts more than others so break it up in the tin and scoop it out to remix.
- This will stop your ice cream from being icy and give it more of a creamy texture.
- I blended mine 3 times within a 2.5 hour window.