Looking for some veggie dish inspo that’s high in protein? Try these delicious high protein vegan “meat” balls. I’m drooling just writing this thinking about them.
• 1 tin black beans rinsed and drained
• 150g tofu crumbled
• 2 tbsp. relish of choice
• 1 red onion peeled and diced finely
• 1 small courgette washed and grated
• 1 tbsp. oil
• 2 cloves of garlic peeled and crushed
• 2.5 tbsp. brown rice blended into a flour texture.
• Preheat the oven to 190°C
• In a food processor add the beans and relish. Blend into a smooth-ish texture. Add the tofu and blend for just 10-20 seconds to mix it in well. Tip this mix into a bowl.
• In a shallow frying pan add the oil, red onion, garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes until the onion is golden and cooked.
• Stir the onion mix into the bowl along with the bean mix.
• Stir in the brown rice flour and stir into a thick heavy batter.
• Roll the batter into 8 balls.
• Place on a line baking tray and bake for 45 minutes until golden and browned all along the edges and cooked through.