This is by far the best nut butter around, even taking in the healthy nutellas, and all my other peanut concoctions this is epic and never gets boring! Unfortunately there is no point making this unless you have access to a high power blender, like a Thermomix, Vitamix etc I have tried making nut butter with regular food processors and you don’t get that creamy liquid texture unless your willing to add oils. These can be very pricey but if you are into baking and nut butters there is some great offers and payment schemes when it comes to the Thermomix, and its not just for nut butters its does everything from cooking to cleaning its a wonder machine!
(By the way I am not sponsored by them and bought mine full price haha, I am just a fan) Link for Thermomix
- 300g almonds
- 200g hazelnuts
- 1.1/2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp raw honey/maple/coconut nectar
- Roast the nuts in a preheated oven at 200°C for 11 minutes tossing in-between.
- After toasting remove the hazelnut skins (roast and rub method-you place the hot nuts into a slightly dampened kitchen towel and rub the skins off using the towel)
- Place the almonds and hazelnuts in a high power blender and blend until smooth and almost liquid. (8-10 minutes scrapping down the sides as needed)
- Add in the cacao and sweetener and blend again, the nut butter will get thick again but kept blending until it goes back to that nice liquid consistency. (about 6-8 minutes)