Risotto one of those dishes I see on a menu and think ah I really want that but I’m going to end up feeling so lethargic and bloated from it! Well no more, you can have that risotto and feel energised and you won’t have to open any of those buttons on your jeans 😂 oats are an easy and fast replacement for traditional risotto base and this dish can be used as a breakfast or dinner recipe. Don’t be afraid to make it your own and switch ingredients to suit your preferences or kitchen press. Guarantee you’ll love this recipe and oat risotto will become a staple in your gaff!
This recipe is part of my #flahavans2mins were I helped create easy oat recipes to add to your life. There’s loads more on the way so keep those eyes peeled!
- 40g Flahavan’s oats
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp. parmesan or nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. parsley chopped finely
- 1 tsp. soya sauce or tamari
- 30g frozen peas
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp. hemp seeds
- Poached egg (Optional)
- In a small saucepan over a high heat, add the oats, parmesan, parsley, soya sauce and peas. Cook as normal if making porridge until cooked fully (4-5 minutes).
- At this point the oats should be a stodgy texture.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the hemp seeds and diced avocado.
- Garnish with some black pepper. Add a poached egg if you wish!