This healthy, easy to follow recipe for gingerbread cookies is great for baking with kids, and it makes for a delicious homemade Christmas treat for family and friends.
- 200g ground almond
- 4 tbsp. tapioca flour
- 4 tbsp. coconut oil at room temp
- 2 tbsp. ground ginger
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. mixed spice
- 2 tbsp. molasses
- 2 tbsp. maple
- 4 tbsp. coconut sugar
- pinch sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Place all ingredients a food processor and blend until a stick dough formed.
- Roll the mixture into a cookie shape.
- Place on a lined or non-stick baking tray and bake for 10 -12 minutes (depending on your oven and how long you have pre-heated the oven) – my cookies took 10 mins and I had pre-heated the oven for about 6-8 minutes.
- To experiment, I left half the dough in fridge overnight and when baked the next day I found the cookies kept a sharper star edge and didn’t expand as much as the first batch. Just to note it might be worth refrigerated the dough for little before baking if using star shaped cutters!