The perfect crunch! These super fine biscuits are hard to stop at one, I really recommend making the cashew cream filling, layered up this sweet sandwich is the ultimate treat! Of course you could make them into ginger bread snaps and decorate with some dark chocolate and dried fruit. If using the cashew cream filling, keep refrigerated. If you are storing just the biscuits themselves keep in an air-tight container at room temperature.
- 100g buckwheat flour
- 70g rice flour
- 30g tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp. ground ginger
- ¾ tbsp. mixed spice
- 2 ½ tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. black strap molasses
- 1 tbsp. milled flaxseed + 3 tbsp. water- soaked for 20 minutes
Cashew cream filling
- 100g raw unsalted cashews- soaked for at least 5 hours
- 1 ½ tbsp. coconut cream (from a can of full fat coconut milk)
- juice of half a lemon
- tbsp. maple syrup
- tsp vanilla extra or seeds of 1 vanilla pod
- Rinse and drain the cashews, place in a food processor or nutri- bullet along with all other ingredients and blend into a smooth thick cream.
- Spoon ½ tbsp. of cream into the center of biscuit and place another one on top, pressing down gently until the cream spreads.
- Keep refrigerated.