This has become one of my favourite ready recipes. Filled with chopped dried figs, almonds and aromatic rosemary sprigs this healthy bread is definitely one you should add to your list. It’s full of crunchy sweet nuttiness and is deliciously moist!
- 200g ground almond
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 55g whole almonds
- 3-4 fresh figs
- Preheat oven 180°C
- Start with a little prep, melt the coconut oil, break the whole almonds up in halves and quarters, remove the rosemary leaves from the sprigs and with half of the figs (2) slice in halve and with the rest (2) dice into 1 cm chunks.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the ground almond, baking soda, honey, melted coconut oil and eggs using a fork combine into a thick batter.
- Stir in the rosemary, broken almonds and fig pieces (not halves).
- Pour the bread mixture into a lined or greased bread tin.
- Place the fig halves along the centre of the bread (facing up).
- Bake for 40 minutes, let cool for 10 minutes to set before slicing.