My go to breakfast bowl. I know everyone is always asking me to make a video of how I make my egg white oats, so I’ve done just that! Egg whites not only add a tad bit of protein, but they make your oats bowl so creamy and expand to make that bowl seem way bigger. I find the liquid egg whites here are really handy and then I’m not wasting any yolks. Give this a try and I hope the video helps you and avoids any oatty scramble eggs!!! I swear you don’t even know there’s egg in the oats it’s just like a creamy regular bowl, that’s a little bigger.
- 40g oats
- 100g egg whites (or 2-3 egg whites)
- 200-300 ml almond milk
My favourite toppings are:
- dark chocolate shavings
- nut butter
- In a small saucepan over a medium heat add the oats and nut milk.
- Make the porridge normally but to a stodgy texture, so thick and gloopy.
- Remove from the heat and add in the egg whites- work quickly to stir them into the oats.
- The oats will turn a paler shade and the porridge runny.
- Place back over low heat and stir until the oats thicken up again and meet your desired texture!
- Top with your favourites.