You’re not going to believe how tasty these pancakes are considering just how easy these are to make with only 3 ingredients, well 4 if you count the add ins, my favourite of course is the chocolate chips. I know when you guys make these pancakes even just once you will be hooked and they will be your go to weekend breakfast. I have created this recipe in collaboration with innocent using their dairy free oat drink that has only 3 ingredients; oats, spring water and sea salt. The oat drink is so tasty if you’re an oat lover it’s got a really distinctive taste and is naturally sweet which makes it perfect for these pancakes. For the pancakes well any pancakes in general here are a few tips;
it’s so important to have a good non-stick pan it’s the secret to a good flipping pancake without using loads of oil. Next up let’s talk about not burning the last few pancakes of a batch, you need to play around with the heat settings as your hob gets hotter the longer it’s on you’ll need to adjust the heat lower after each pancake to avoid that over browning effect.
When it comes to serving these pancakes they honestly taste delicious solo but you can’t go wrong with a drizzle of maple and some fresh berry just like above.
The range is currently stocked by Dunnes Stores, Tesco, selected EuroSpar, along with select Fresh and Donnybrook Fair outlets.
- 250g Oats
- 2 Bananas
- 400ml innocent dairy free Oat
- 2 handfuls of dark chocolate chips or raisins
- Blitz the oats into a flour.
- Add the banana and oat drink, blend until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips or raisins using a spoon.
- Prepare a non-stick pan over high heat and add a little oil.
- Pour a little batter into the pan ( approx. 6 tbsp.) and cook for 1 min- lowering the heat if necessary.
- Once the edges begin to lift and the base is cooked, flip and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Repeat until all the batter is used.