Bagels, perfect for a delicious snack or breakfast! I rarely pick up a pack of bagels up because there’s very few brands that deliver healthy and tasty bagels. However, that doesn’t mean I have to miss out especially when I can whip them up in 20 minutes, perfect for freezing also. This recipe also doesn’t have many ingredients and method is super easy. Keep an eye out for variations of this recipe and yummy vegan ones coming soon too!
- 4 bagels
- 10 tbsp. Oats
- 6 tbsp. Quinoa (uncooked)
- 150ml Liquid Egg whites
- 1 tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 tbsp. Water
- Firstly, make sure to use a proper tbsp. measure. You can pick a set up in most culinary shops or supermarket stores, super handy and great for portion control!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- In a medium sized mixing bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff and fluffy.
- In a nutri-bullet or blender combine the oats and quinoa and pulse into a flour.
- Tip the flour into the fluffed up egg whites, stir using a spoon while adding in the apple cider, salt and water.
- If your donut/ bagel mould is not non-stick or maybe a little worn, grease the mould with a little oil.
- Spoon in 2-3 tbsp. batter into each mould (makes 4).
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- For best results, I store mine in zip lock bags or lunch box in the fridge and toast them before use (or under the grill).
How I served my bagels;
- with Wylldyson hazelnut chocolate spread & banana
- Hummus and diced tomato
- Peanut butter and strawberry
- Simple sliced Avocado