I LOVE potatoes! I would happily sit and eat a bowl of mash on it’s own I think they’re so good. I had a few requests from followers looking for simple meat free dinner options that were easy to make, satisfying and tasty. Well, this easy potato, spinach and lentil curry is perfect.
I teamed up with Bord Bia to share my love of potatoes and why I like adding them to dishes. For me, they’re a great addition to dishes as their naturally low-fat, low in sugar and gluten free.
This potato curry recipe is quick and easy to prepare and cook – and creates minimal mess in the kitchen so less washing up! Win Win!
More potato recipes can be found at www.potato.ie
Potatoes: More than a bit on the side
This is a sponsored post.
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 large onion (peeled and diced)
- 2 large cloves of garlic (peeled and crushed)
- 2 large white potatoes or 4 small potatoes (peeled and diced into chunks)
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp. red curry paste
- 150g red spilt lentils
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 x tin coconut milk
- 200g diced spinach or kale
- Handful fresh herbs chopped for serving
- In a large saucepan over a medium heat add some oil (I used avocado oil but opt for your oil of preference), toss in the onion and place on the lid and let sweat for 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, potatoes, curry paste and toss and cook for a minute.
- Pour in the stock, lentils, tomato paste and bring the pot to boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat and let simmer for 15-18 minutes until the potatoes are tender (check using a fork).
- Add the spinach and stir and coconut milk- continue stirring to combine. Turn off the heat, place on the lid and let the curry sit for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!