I love making this, aside from the fact it’s a one dish wonder which makes my life that much easier, it’s packed full of flavour and a nice mix of sweetness thanks to the squash and dried fruit. If you’re a fan of curry and eggs this is a nice and simple dish to add to your repertoire!
I will be Bloom Festival with Bord Bia on Friday 2nd June cooking this delicious, nutritious and versatile egg recipe with the O’Donovan brothers. Come to the Quality Kitchen Stage at 11.45am to catch the demo!
This is a sponsored post.
- 1 small sized squash peeled & grated
- 1 x tin green lentils drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled and crushed
- 2 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 handful of raisins
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tin full fat coconut milk
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- In a large frying pan, add in the oil over a medium heat. Toss in the grated squash, garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until parts begin to brown.
- Pour in the lentils and spices and cook for 3 minutes stirring throughout.
- The squash will have wilted at this stage.
- Transfer this mix to an oven proof (lasagna) dish and sprinkle over the raisins.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, coconut milk and seasoning.
- Pour this mix over the lentils and squash.
- Top with the bay leaves.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes at 200°C until lightly golden brown on top.