This creamy tofu and peanut curry is full of flavour. It’s quick and easy to cook making it a perfect weeknight dinner when you don’t have lots of time.
• 500g Tofu diced or broken into chunks
• 1 tbsp. oil
• 1 onion peeled and finely chopped
• 2 cloves of garlic peeled and crushed
• 2 “ginger peeled and grated
• 3 tbsp. mild curry powder
• 1 tbsp. wholegrain mustard
• 1 tin chopped tomatoes
• 3 tbsp. peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
• In a large pot over a medium heat add the oil and onion, stir and place the lid on to sweat for 5-6 minutes until the onion is translucent and soft.
• Turn the heat up a little then toss in the garlic, ginger and spices and cook for a minute.
• Add in the tofu pieces and stir browning the tofu for 2-3 minutes.
• Pour in the chopped tomatoes, mustard and peanut butter and stir until there is no separation in the peanut butter and tomato.
• Cook for 2-3 minutes.
• Serve with some rice, a squeeze of lime, coconut cream and fresh coriander.