As you know by now I am coconut obsessed, from using it in the kitchen or as a beauty product, it has to be the most versatile health food around!
These coconut whoopees are so simple to make, all in one mix with no waiting around! They can be served in different ways, ether simple as macaroons or a coconut cream sandwich.
- 4 cups dessicant coconut
- 3 tablespoons maple
- 3-4 table spoons coconut milk (I use Alpro brand-available in Tesco and Dunnes)
- 5 egg whites
- 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein (* I recommend but optional)
- 1 can coconut milk (refrigerated or pop in freezer)
- Mix the eggs, milk, maple and whey.
- Add in the desiccant coconut and combine well.
- Spoon onto parchment paper, ether make rounded balls or flat biscuits.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 190ºC. Let set aside to cool so they will be easier to lift of parchment and not break.
- Open your can of refrigerated coconut milk and spoon out the hardened part which will have formed on top, this will be your centre cream (optional to mix with some whey/desiccant coconut).