It’s the perfect time of year for soup and this recipe is one you’ll definitely want to add to your list. A delicious mix of veg and pasta, this soup will keep you full!
• 1 tbsp. oil
• 1 small onion brown peeled and diced super fine
• 1 tbsp. ground cumin
• ½ tbsp. dried thyme
• 2 cloves of large garlic peeled and crushed
• 2 large carrot
• 2 large celery
• 100g pasta of choice (I used a lentil brown rice one)
• 1.2 litre vegetable stock
• 2tbsp tomato paste
• 2 tbsp. soya or tamari sauce
• 3 tins chickpeas rinsed and drained
1. In a large pot over a medium heat, add the oil and onion
2. Sweat the onion until soft and almost translucent.
3. Add the cumin, thyme and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Toss in the carrots and celery and cook for a minute.
5. Pour in the stock and toss in the pasta.
6. Cook on a steady simmer with the lid on for 10 minutes until the pasta, carrots and celery are tender.
7. Stir in the tomato and soya sauce and combine.
8. Toss in half the chickpeas whole.
9. With the other half of chickpeas, blitz in a blender along with the lemon (if you’re finding this too dry to mix with your blender add some of the stock 4-5 tbsp. from the saucepan to help puree it down smooth).
10. Stir this pureed chickpea in until creamy. This will give the soup its lovely chick and comforting consistency.
11. Season with salt and pepper.