Yes, this is happening. A combination between crunchy biscuit and a creamy smooth refreshing centre. The ice cream is really easy to work with here, you know when you remove ice cream from the freezer and you need to leave it until you can actually dig a spoon in without breaking the spoon or breaking into a sweat, not here with Alpro’s new plant-based ice cream, its smooth and creamy to scoop straight out from the freezer and texture is perfect for pressing between two cookies.
As mentioned below only assemble the ice cream sandwich when you are ready to dig in.
This is a collaborative post with Alpro for their new plant-based ice cream range, products which I have trailed and think my readers will benefit from and enjoy!
- 6 tbsp. cacao powder
- 3 tbsp. almond butter, smooth
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 4 tbsp. of Alpro Vanilla Ice Cream
- Combine the brookie ingredients in a small mixing bowl using a spoon. Work the ingredients into each other until a smooth dough forms. It shouldn’t be too wet or dry.
- Take sections (8 even pieces) using your hands roll into balls and gently press down into a cookie shape on a lined or non-stick baking tray (roughly 6 cm in diameter and 1 cm in height)
- Bake in a preheated oven for 12 minutes at 180°C.
- The cookies will have risen a little but don’t remove them from the tray let them cool for 5-10 minutes to set and firm up.
- Assemble the ice cream sandwich when you’re ready to eat. Simply spoon 1 tbsp. of Alpro Ice Cream onto one cookie and press down another cookie on top – to trap that delicious ice cream.