That’s a mouthful I know! But finally a festive recipe that requires no dried fruit:) This cookie base is awesome, so you could even dunk them in dark chocolate or hazelnut ganache! Definitely a safe bet for any Christmas parties, who doesn’t like cookies?
- 200g Ground almond
- 2 tbsp Milled flaxseed + 6 tbsp water- mix and let sit for 20 minutes.
- 2 ½ tbsp. Coconut sugar
- 2 ½ tbsp. Cacao powder
- ¾ tsp cardamom ground
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp clove
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 30g shelled raw pistachios – crushed lightly. (pestle and mortar is good for this)
Raw white chocolate
- 150g Cacao Butter
- 100g raw cashews
- 2 ½ tbsp.. Stevia
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract or 1 vanilla pod seeds
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add the ground almond, coconut sugar, cacao powder, ground cardamon, clove, and ginger, stir to combine.
- Next add the coconut oil, using your finger tips rub into the dry mix until a breadcrumb like texture forms (it will be a little dry, thats ok).
- Next add in the flax mix and essence and using a spoon turn and press until everything is mixed well and a dough is easily formed.
- Taking sections roll out the dough and cut using a cookie cutter, or a glass/ mug works also make 12 cookies evenly placing them on a nonstick baking tray/or a lined baking tray. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, remove and let cool before gently lifting off the tray.
Now for the white chocolate!
- Over low heat, add the cacao butter into a medium sized saucepan, once melted fully.
- Stir in the stevia, keep stirring until dissolved, it should not be simmering or boiling at this stage.
- Add the cinnamon and vanilla, it will bubble a little when you add these, don’t worry, juts give them all a good stir.
- Turning THE HEAT TO LOW, spoon in the cashew paste, using whisk (non-electric) is best here, mix for a couple of minutes until there is no separation between ingredients and no cashew paste lumps, You will have a creamy sauce, smooth with small visible traces of cashew (the size of a chia seed- so very small).
Once the cookies have cooled and the chocolate is ready,Prepare a tray or place with some parchment paper. Dunk the cookies in the white chocolate, or spoon/drizzle over the chocolate creating whatever look you desire!
I find it easier to spoon over the chocolate to create this half moon effect!
Sprinkle with the crushed pistachios and place in the fridge until the chocolate has hardened.