Grab a tin of chickpeas and lets go! I’m a bit of an egg lover but when I recently started to replace some of my typical meals to vegan options I have now become addicted to chickpea scramble. I used to make chickpea scramble as part of dinner or even a sweet snack (mixed with nut butter and honey) but in a breakie wrap or even on some toast, its my new favourite way to start the day!
It’s so easy to make and you always have a tin of chickpeas in the gaff!
- 1 tin of chickpeas rinsed and drained well
- 1 tsp oil (I use avocado oil or olive)
- ½ tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1-2 tbsp. nutritional yeast (inactive yeast that has a super cheesy flavour. You can get it in all health stores and some supermarkets)
- pinch sea salt
- good helping fresh ground black pepper
- Add the oil into a small-medium sized saucepan over medium heat.
- Toss in the chickpeas and using a potato masher or fork, smash the chickpeas until they are broken down (just like the finishing image above).
- Stir in the spices, seasoning and nutritional yeast and cook for 2-3 minutes stirring all the time.
- Remove from the heat and serve with some toasted bread or like me, in a breakfast burrito style wrap with shredded spinach, tomato salsa and avocado!