The original flu fighter, this soup can even cure the man flu well that’s if you have 5 hours or so …. I know that’s a long time for some soup but if you want the real deal with great taste, 100% natural & made from scratch this is the job for you! Plus all the ingredients are easy to find and available in all supermarkets, however try get an organic chicken if possible and support a local butcher. This soup is almost a meal in itself and this size portion will feed approx 8 soup bowls.
- Full chicken
- 2 onions large
- 2 garlic bulbs (not just cloves)
- 500g carrots
- 1 large tin of sweetcorn (no added sugar or salt)
- Handful dried bay leaves
- teaspoon chilli powder
- 300g pre cooked brown rice noodles (Tesco/Dunnes have these) glass noodles/vegetable noodles
- Dried Sage & sea salt – mix 3 tbsp of each in a bowl
- Cut up the carrots, onion and garlic.
- Rub the chicken completely in sage salt and place in a large pot with the vegetables and garlic and fill up with water.
- Add a teaspoon of chilli powder and bay leaves and heat until boiling, then simmer for 2 hours.
- After two hours, remove the chicken and pull the meat off the bones and skim the fat off the top of the broth.
- Add back the chicken meat to the pot and simmer for a further 90 minutes.
- Add the sweetcorn and noodles, salt & pepper to taste.